What happens when a petite blonde Christian woman meets the guy of her dreams and discovers that he’s Turkish – Muslim?
In episode 8 of the I am Multicultural Podcast, I chat with the cheerful, award winning media producer & diversity champion Anna Lauren Tufecki about her love story with her Turkish Muslim husband Eren & how together they’re pioneering & redefining what love & faith looks like in a healthy, fulfilling Christian – Muslim marriage.
We chat about:
- Anna Lauren’s Christian upbringing
- How she met her husband Eren & how they celebrated an emotional interfaith wedding
- Eren’s religion: Sufisim & what is Islam faith & what it means to be a Sufi Muslim
- What they believe in now & how they pray
- How they plan to raise their children
- Anna shares the best marriage advice she’s ever received & her top interfaith resources
Our conversation is hopeful, thought provoking, informative & I know you that your heart will expand a little bit bigger after this episode, so let’s get started!
- Anna Lauren Instagram
- ALLove Diversity Project
- WATCH Anna + Eren’s Wedding Video
- Wedding Song: Beetles All You Need is Love
- The Social Animal by David Brooks
- Generation M – Shelina Janmohamed
- The Faith Club – Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver, Priscilla Warner
Photo Credit: Genevieve Renee Photographie
How You Can Help Support the Podcast: