Episode 11 of the I Am Multicultural podcast is the blasian love story of Chie Davis, who leaves behind her family in Japan to move abroad (the first in her family) and in the process falls in love with a famous African-American musician Dennis Davis, 25 years older than her.
What we discuss:
- How her Japanese parents reacted to her blasian (black & Asian) relationship with drummer – musician Dennis Davis
- How Dennis immersed himself in her culture during her 15yr marriage
- Why the birth of her son was so meaningful for Dennis and her
- How her son’s special project Tracing My dad is helping him understand who his father was off & on the road as drummer to Roy Ayers, Steve Wonder, David Bowie & several other popular musicians.
Learn More about Chie Davis:
- W Floral Design
- Hikaru’s Tracing My Dad Project on Instagram: The HD Projects
- Youtube: Tracing My Dad: The Life and Music of Dennis Davis
How You Can Support the Podcast: