Episode 16 of the I Am Multicultural Podcast is the story of Bolivian – American couple Patricia and Juan Pablo, who despite being born in the same city & country, grew up with very different family traditions and are now forging their own path and traditions as a family, raising 2 kids.
We talk about:
- How they met & maintained a long distance relationship (she was in Virginia & he was in Bolivia) up until 1 month before having their first child together
- How Juan Pablo proposed via regular snail mail over 3700 miles away
- Why it was important for them to raise bilingual children who fluently speak, write & understand 2 languages
- How they made their own path as a couple despite having different traditions and upbringing
- What they’ve learned after 10years of marriage and advice for other multicultural couples
How You Can Support the Podcast: